How to use a double edged safety razor:
It really could not be simpler:
- Unscrew the head of the razor and insert a blade,
- Warm the blade by rinsing it under hot water,
- Hold the razor to your face at an angle of between 30 to 45 degrees,
- Allow the weight of the razor to ‘power’ the shaving, using short strokes in the direction of hair growth (do not try to pull the razor),
- When the razor blade becomes blunt it will ‘hang’ on the stubble, rotate the razor or change the blade.
General shaving tips:
- Shower or bathe before shaving, or warm the face with a hot flannel,
- Use plenty of hot water and shave in a warm environment,
- Use a quality shaving brush with good shaving soap,
- Brush in a circular motion to lift the beard,
- Shave with the beard, never against the grain,
- Rinse the blade frequently in hot water.
- Rinse face well with cool water and gently pat dry,
- After shaving use a moisturiser such as Norse liquid moisturiser,
- Avoid applying alcohol-based products to the face after shaving.